Post-doctoral position in the Cell Stress and Survival Unit
The Danish Cancer Society Research Center, Copenhagen, Denmark
The position is starting on the 1st of January 2018
We offer an exciting job in an international environment, with a strong record in generating new discoveries in the field of cancer biology. You will work under the supervision of Professor Francesco Cecconi, and will directly participate in an interesting and highly cancer-relevant project.
To understand the role of autophagy proteins in the processes underlying melanoma development.
To exploit them for the development of new strategies in melanoma treatment.
PhD degree in Molecular/Cellular Biology or similar.
One year’s work experience in a cancer research environment and/or in internationally renowned Research Centers.
– Strong experience with biochemistry, confocal microscopy/live-cell imaging, molecular and cellular biology-based techniques for the study of autophagy and cell cycle
– Very good publication record in the area of Cancer and Cell Biology
– Good expertise in mouse modelling
– Knowledge/experience in CRISPR/Cas9 technology and its application in vitro and in vivo
– Ability to work in a team
– High level of motivation
– Fluent in communication in English
The laboratories are located in a pleasant, smoke-free environment recently completely renovated and modern interior equipped with state-of-the-art technology. We have plenty of room for social interactions and activities, and have several benefits for the personnel, such as health conscious canteen and a daily selection of free fruit, well-functioning sport activities, and an inspiring art association. The everyday working language in the laboratory is English.
We offer a one-year contract position (renewable up to 3 years): 37 hours a week with lunch break included. Salary will be provided according to the current agreements between the Danish Cancer Society and the relevant trade union.
More information can be obtained directly from Daniela De Zio, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not receive applications by e-mail but only online via this link: https://www.cancer.dk/om-os/stillinger/143575/.
The application should contain:
– A motivation letter
– CV (including education, research experience, publications, language skills and other relevant information for the position)
– PhD diploma
– Reference from previous working places.
Application and closing date for applications
The deadline for application is October 31, 2017. The selected candidates will be invited for a personal interview.
Position start: 1st of January 2018.